UPDATE (8:23 p.m.): Via Facebook, one of the restaurant’s owners let us know that not only was no one injured, but the establishment had already been re-opened to the public. Go get a burger!
We don’t have much to add, but Coach’s Neighborhood Grill – which opened on New Year’s Eve and has enjoyed enormous crowds of curious visitors – apparently caught on fire Friday evening. We have no reports other than social media activity, but it appears that city firefighters were able to at least arrive quickly enough to address the situation. Hopefully there weren’t any injuries, and hopefully this isn’t much more than a setback for a business which has to date breathed new life into a once blighted property.
Thanks to Facebook, we have some video of the fire as it unfolded:
What a nightmare.
Heard they have been cleared to open back up tonight!